Friday, April 19, 2019

The search for the Golden Egg


The search for the Golden Egg



Busch Gardens Williamsburg set forth a fun scavenger hunt of sorts with a search for 3 mysterious Golden Eggs in their park over the 2 weeks they are open in April for Spring Break. (April 12-April 28) It was so popular they decided to add a few more eggs to find. I believe there will be a total of 5 now. The Facebook and Instagram pages share when the eggs are hidden.

Each egg is filled with Busch Gardens Merchandise, coupons, vouchers.  The sister park Sesame Place is also participating. One egg is hidden at a time somewhere in the park where guests may go, but not in flower beds. And first one to find it wins. You are supposed to take a picture of yourself with the egg then hash tag it # on social media with the tags #BGWGoldenEggContest or #SharemyBGWstory.


Simple enough, the park is full of hiding places and each egg is hidden before guests arrive. So far, each time (2 have been found as of today) the egg was hidden and found the following morning.


The first egg was hidden on Fiesta Bridge in one of the planters, the second one was found outside the Pottery shop in New France in the Red Truck.  


"I expected nothing and still I was disappointed" - Noah

Noah and I went to the park on Thursday April 18 in search of the egg. We did not get there as early as I would have liked, so we arrived with far too many other guests. It in fact was one of the busier days I have seen there.  There were lines, for the line at all the restaurants. We literally walked the loop of the park in search of lunch and unfortunately could not get any! I imagine they didn't expect all those people, I know we didn't. So certain things weren't open which normally would be. I imagine the restaurants themselves weren't staffed enough, but don't know as I couldn't get anywhere inside them. So alas, we did not find the egg. Too crowded, I was too overheated and hungry. But we hope to return on another occasion. Most days are wonderful spent here, so a random not so great day, is still not that bad. even if we were disappointed. 


Noah has not been the best at finding things in competing backgrounds. Easter egg hunts have never gone too well. In fact, Spring break 2012 we were down here on vacation and our resort held an Easter egg hunt. Noah and many other kids scattered through the playground area and gathered up as many eggs as they could. All the kids had dozens, Noah had 3. But suddenly it turned, because they announced none found the special egg! There was a purple egg placed out there which won you the big basket. Which was a better idea then just he who had the most eggs, as that person is already a winner right? So now he could focus on just purple, and he found that egg!!! Somehow, 3 eggs plus this huge basket. He said, “it was the greatest day of my life”.



So naturally when Busch Gardens wanted to have a search for a golden egg, I figured how perfect. We love just walking around and looking at everything. That’s generally what we do as most of us don’t ride any rides. (since most of them make us sick, but not my husband poor fella).  We do enjoy the train and the skyride though. I also love all the water rides, and damn we miss Dark Castle.

I am hoping whatever day they hide it this week, I can just drop everything and go search! I really hope they do stuff like this in the future, how fun!! So we will continue on with the next few eggs.  I will update here! Finding it of course would be awesome as we love free stuff especially from BGW. But the thrill of the hunt is exciting. I love just wandering and enjoying the park but having a mission is cool too sometimes. 

Currently BGW is running a 35% off spring sale on Memberships.



No comments:

Post a Comment